Do you feel chained to your inbox? Do you spend hours every day sorting through emails? Do you NOT unsubscribe to newsletters because of FOMO??! (Fear of missing out!).
Oh my gosh, this is TOTALLY me too!!!
I decided to write a list of all the things that make me feel stressed out and overwhelmed today, as I feel that trying to do to much, and be ON all the time, can be an emotional contributor to my back pain. I realised that I have complete control over a lot of these stressors, and I CAN change them! Here are two things from my list I wanted to share with you:
- Email/Inbox overload
- Social media overload
My inbox kinda feels like I’m trying to cross an ocean in a leaky boat…
I am subscribed to so many different freaking newsletters that it feels like a constant battle to keep up with them all. They not only add extra work-time (to sort through & read them every day), but also adds a component of ‘comparison-ville’ where I spend time reading about all the amazing things other people are doing rather than getting on with my own work. This is NOT a good cycle to be in.
The other thing that makes me feel over-whelmed and makes me hang out in ‘comparison-ville’ again, is social media. I had a look at my facebook and saw that I am in sooooo many different groups! My energy is being spent in so many different places, that I’ve got nothing left for myself, and this is showing up in my body as pain.
Please don’t let this happen to you. Below I have listed 5 things you can do RIGHT NOW to help reduce overwhelm in your day, and to encourage you to not be a slave to that inbox of yours. Get it under control and you will discover extra hours in your day you didn’t know you had!
5 THINGS YOU CAN DO TO REDUCE OVERWHELM IN YOUR DAY:
If you want to help get yourself out of over-whelm, then start by cleaning up your inbox and social media world. I’ve spent today doing this, and I already feel this HUGE weight come off my shoulders!! Follow these two tips below:
- Check out www.unroll.me for a FANTASTIC tool to help you unsubscribe quickly and easily to all of the newsletter lists you would rather not receive. It is free and super easy!!
- Use the ‘rules’ in your mail, and have newsletters automatically go into a folder to ‘read-later’. Automatic inbox sorting is the shiz!
- Get into facebook, and remove yourself from any groups you do not feel you are really a part of anymore. Maybe you could do a little friend gardening as well and pull out any weeds??
- Have set times for checking email and social media during the day….and stick to them!
- Write a list of all the things that stress you out and then highlight the ones you have control over. And the rest? Well if you don’t have control, then don’t let them stress you out! Stress is your choice.
Tell me below if you are planning on pulling yourself out of inbox over-whelm!!