I missed the markets this week so I’m getting low on food in the house.
Last night I looked in the fridge and found some green beans, lettuce & sweet potato, plus a piece of salmon I had bought the day before. I was originally planning on making a warm potato & bean salad to have with the salmon, but I was feeling lazy so I decided to just throw it all together on a plate…and it worked wonderfully!!!
This meal was so simple & easy, plus SUPER tasty & nutritious. A serious party in the mouth…that tangy dressing just topped it off!! Mmmmmmm 🙂
I crusted the salmon with my friends Dukkah (Denver Dukkah), but you could easily either make your own or buy some ready made from the shops. Click here for a simple dukkah recipe I posted previously.
This recipe just makes 1 serve so make more depending on how many bellies you are feeding!
- 1 salmon fillet – skin on
- 2 tbsp dukkah
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- handful of fresh beans
- 1/3 sweet potato, chopped
- 4 cos lettuce leaves
- 1x garlic clove crushed
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup natural yoghurt
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 4 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tsp honey (to taste)
- Chop the sweet potato and place into a pot with a small amount of boiling water to steam/cook the potato (prick with a fork to see if cooked – should be soft but not falling apart!). Once cooked, drain and set aside.
- While potato is cooking, prepare lettuce leaves onto your plate
- Generously coat dukkah over your piece of salmon
- Heat a pan on the stove top, put 1 tbsp of coconut oil in, garlic, and then place the salmon in to cook, skin down
- Meanwhile, wash the beans, and then throw them into the pan with the salmon. Add salt & pepper over the fish & beans to flavour
- Prepare the dressing while everything is cooking – throw it all into a food processor and wizz up until you reach the desired consistency. Alternatively you could put all of the ingredients into a glass jar and give it a good ol shake!!! (I used to always make my dressings like this pre-thermomix days!).
Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!! Would love to know any additions/improvements you come up with…comment below!
Love Ngaire xox