I wanted to share this recipe with you today, because it is seriously so good!!! It’s an oldie but a goodie, and one that seemed to be a favourite amongst the participants in my 21-Day Wholefood Cleanse.
I especially love it because…
a) it is quick & easy
b) its nutritious
c) its versatile (it works well for a lazy Sunday morning brunch, OR as a quick & easy dinner!)
d) everyone seems to enjoy it…even kids!
Time it takes: 15 minutes
- 1 medium brown onion, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed (to taste)
- 250g mushrooms chopped – (use a combo of whatever mushrooms you like!)
- 80 g baby spinach (or other greens)
- 2 handfuls of cherry tomatoes, halved (or diced big tomatoes!)
- 1 handful of parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon
- 4 free range /organic eggs
- Half an avocado
- Sauté onion, garlic and mushrooms for about 5-minutes in 2 teaspoons coconut oil or butter over a medium heat until golden.
- While it is sautéing, place a pot of water onto boil, with about 2 inches of water covering the bottom. Add a dash of apple cider vinegar to help the egg whites to set and not break apart.
- Crack each egg into the simmering water and allow to poach for 2-3 minutes, or until the whites have set and the middle still looks runny
- Add the spinach and tomato to the mushroom, and then season with a little ground pepper and sea salt.
- Turn the heat off and allow the tomato & spinach to cook in the heat of the mushrooms for a few minutes, before transferring to the plates.
- Squeeze over a little lemon juice.
- Remove eggs with a slotted large spoon and place on top of your mushroom hash.
- Place avocado slices and parsley on top of the eggs, and another squeeze of lemon if desired.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.
Pop a comment below when you’ve tried it…I’d love to hear how you find it, or how you think it could be improved!