Firstly, thank you for signing up to one of my webinars, I hope that you enjoy the presentation and gain some new insights and practical applications to you improving your life.
Calling into to an online webinar can be very daunting and confusing if you are not very good with computers, so I have created this page to make sure you have very clear directions!
When you sign up to join one of my Webinars, you will receive an email with all of the important information you will need. This will include:
- The date & time of the event (in GMT/UTC time). There will be a link provided to a ‘Time Zone Converter’ so you can work out what time that is in your home town!
- A link, which will take you through to a specific URL (webpage) where the webinar will be hosted
- Dial-in numbers if you choose to use phone
- Conference ID
I highly recommend using a headset if you have one (something like the iphone headphones that have a small microphone attached is perfect). This will ensure you are able to ask a question if that is available on the call. If you just have headphones that is fine, you can ask questions also by typing them in a box on your screen (see image below).
When you click the link provided (in your email), you will come to a page saying ‘Welcome to the Conference’, which will look something like the image below:
You can see on the left hand side, you will see a tab saying ‘listen in’. Click there and it will give you two options: a) listen via web, or b) listen via phone or skype.
You can click on listen via web and it will automatically stream the webinar live to you through your computer speakers.
If you go for the phone or skype option there are instructions for both mac and PC users. These are super short video tutorials, which I HIGHLY recommend watching. Yes that’s right, click through NOW before the event, so you know what to do on the day.
Here’s what will happen when you join with Skype:
- You will add ‘joinconference’ as a new contact
- You will voice call joinconference
- You will then open up your keypad to enter the Conference ID
- DO NOT COPY AND PASTE THE ID NUMBER…ENTER IT IN MANUALLY. HIT THE HASH AND THEN DO NOT HIT ENTER, IT WILL AUTOMATICALLY TAKE YOU TO THE CONFERENCE
- Once you are in the conference you will hear some wait music until the webinar begins.
- You will be muted, except if you have a question. If you type a question in the box, I will see it and be able to answer it for you.
Unless you have a really good phone plan for phoning overseas numbers, I wouldn’t recommend using this option. You can choose to upload some credit into your skype account and phone from skype (using the dial pad – looks like a little phone!).
You will see some options for local numbers to phone, but these sometimes do not work. If you live in the States then you can just dial the local number provided if you prefer, and follow the prompts to enter the conference ID.
If you have any more questions about the dial-in process, please email your queries to email@example.com. It all sounds very confusing, but once you have done it once you will realise that it is not that hard!!!
Hope this helps,
Love Ngaire xx